Monday, May 13, 2013

Birthday Brunch Menu


This past weekend was a big one in the Smith household. My Music Man turned 3 years old yesterday and my Peanut turns 1 tomorrow so we had a joint birthday celebration. I decided to take on the exhausting task of cooking all of the food for a birthday brunch. While I love cooking and sharing my Paleo-inspired dishes with friends, I will not lie and say I enjoy cooking non-stop for three days! This was not the original plan, but the hefty back spasm I endured last weekend threw a wrench in my preparation plans and so I was pulling the graveyard shift on Thursday and Friday getting everything accomplished.

But I pulled it off! Here was my menu:

Sausage, Mushroom and Egg Casserole (I used raw milk in place of the cottage cheese and did use some shredded cheese so this was my one non-Paleo dish)
French Toast Bread Pudding (I made this for Easter as well…I think it will become a staple in our house for holiday breakfast/brunch meals because the Hubs is a BIG fan)
Pulled Pork with "home-made" BBQ Sauce
Grilled Veggies 
Fruit Salad

And for dessert I made two cupcakes with two home-made icings:

All in all I think everyone enjoyed the food. And I made WAY too much but most of the food can be easily frozen so we'll have these tasty dishes to enjoy the next time I'm entertaining during the morning hours.

My back is feeling better, thanks in large part to my craniosacral therapist. I'll have to write about this alternative therapy another time because I'm sure most reading this don't even know what craniosacral is! 

Hope everyone enjoyed their Mother's Day weekend!

No comments: