Friday, December 28, 2012

Those Dreaded Holidays...

Yowsa. I just returned from a trip back home for Christmas. I don't think I've consumed that much sugar in this entire past year. I don't know why but I just decided to throw caution to the wind and "mourn" my loss of sugar by inhaling anything and everything that would soon be gone from my life.  A huge part of me knows it wasn't the best move. The more sugar you consume the tougher it is to go cold turkey. But I don't know, I think maybe I needed this. I needed to see what it was like to eat whatever I felt like. And honestly, except for the absolute pleasure I felt while eating the food, I was so disappointed in how out of control I was. The second it was time for dessert, that cookie, pie, or piece of chocolate consumed my every thought.

At this point in my life, I really cannot just eat whatever I want. My biological make-up is absolutely addicted to sugar. Non-believers or cynics would say I have no will-power, but the more research I do the more I realize how physically addicting this white substance is. Some say it's as addicting as cocaine. Believe what you want, but I know that I can't handle having any right now. My body is in need of some major healing. Only four days left and I have to admit I am getting more and more nervous every day! But after a few days like I've just had I know I can't handle even the smallest bit of sugar without losing sight of how I want to eat and take care of myself.

No comments: