Thursday, March 21, 2013

Slow-Cooker Recipe #2

I've got something cooking away in the slow cooker right now and I just tasted it and am giving it my seal of approval! Yet another Mexican inspired dish. But you really can't go wrong with them:

Slow Cooker Tomatillo Chicken and Black Bean Tacos from The Perfect Pantry.

I didn't have any black beans, so I used one can of northern white beans and one pinto. Any combo would work. I also didn't use the 2 T of brown sugar. I used 1 T of Sucanat. I'm going to serve it with wheat tortilla for the Hubs and alongside rice for me and The Music Man. I'll let the Peanut eat some of the chicken, but right now I avoid legumes and grains with her. I want to wait as long as possible for her digestive system to develop before I give her anything tough for her tummy. At least 18 months and maybe 2 years depending on things are going.


No comments: