Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

This has been a big week in the Smith household. I've decided to put my Music Man on a grain-free, dairy-free diet and have already seen huge improvements in his behavior and overall development. I know most that read this will think I'm nuts (and I know the Hubs and any other family member I've divulged this to are rolling their eyes at me) but I'm a Mama on a mission and I don't care! I've got him off his raw milk but am considering putting him back on that soon to see what happens. Raw milk is a great source of nutrition and a lot of people can enjoy it without any repercussions. But NO MORE GRAINS! More on this later.

I have decided to go full-blown Paleo. And tomorrow I am starting the 21 Day Sugar Detox put on by Diane Sanfilippo. She is the author of my new bible, (yikes, sorry for the comparison on this incredibly holy day but that's how strongly I feel about it!) Practical Paleo.

I started this year wanting to live sugar free and have had many ups and downs. Also, a lot of ah-ha moments and the biggest one came this past week with my first real introduction to the Paleo lifestlye. I had been eating sugar all along in the form of oats, millet, quinoa and rice. So I'm off on a newer version of my journey and tomorrow the first true detox begins. I plan on documenting as much as I can and I MAY even try to upload some pictures of what I'm cooking in the kitchen. Whoa, I need to take a deep breath just typing that. Pictures mean you really ARE trying to blog!

I'm also considering sharing this once private blog to my Facebook universe. I think I need the added motivation and if anyone out there is thinking about making a change in their diet or lifestyle I feel like they should know that a certified health-nut is just a message away!

So enjoy your Easter feasts. I've been working this weekend on two ham roasts, a Paleo French Toast Casserole, and a chocolate and bacon dessert. My last hoorah with a little natural sweetener and then back to the detox regiment tomorrow!

No comments: