Thursday, April 18, 2013

Back but not for long!

Yowsa, I have a tough time when my schedule gets rocked. As much as I loved having my friends come to visit it just knocks my socks off and takes forever for me to find them and get them back on my feet. And even now, a full four days after they left, I feel like I have one sock on and can barely see the second one peeking out from under the bed.

I've been scrambling all week to get back on track with my cooking and routines for the little ones. And I've felt even more against the clock because we have another trip fast approaching that I have to get ready for. This April is jam-packed with the Hubs traveling, people coming here, and us flying with two wild cards. Thankfully I've had some meatballs, chicken nuggets and a few dishes in the big freezer in my garage so I've been able to get proteins together for meals. I fell so far behind with my cooking and shopping with The Hubs also being gone the entire two weeks before my visitors. AND I'm also exhausted from a couple of late (but fun!) nights. So goes the life of a mother...even when you have a fun non-kid weekend planned you pay for it in the end : )

Not too much to report on our eating here. We're pretty much at a plateau. Music Man still fighting me on anything green but doing well with his other veggies and meat. The Peanut is still eating well although I think she's still upset about the weaning process. I'm sort of falling off the wagon a bit and trying to get back on. And I'm really taking a look at my emotional eating and realizing just how big a mountain I have to climb there. But at least I realize I have some things to work through and that's a big step one.

Off I go to prepare for our trip, hopefully I'll get more of the swing of things soon!

No comments: