Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 2 Complete...Cravings Knocking on my Door

Whoo, today was an eating day. I stayed with the program but I definitely snacked myself through the afternoon. Lots of unsweetened coconut flakes, an unripe banana, walnuts and carrots. Just to give an idea of what I CAN eat, here were my meals:

Breakfast: sliced skirt steak, zucchini pancakes, sauerkraut, and roasted butternut squash with thyme (all of these were left-overs)

Lunch: salad with avocado and left-over chicken thighs and bacon. Olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Gomasio (sesame seeds and seaweed) on top.

Dinner: Chicken Cacciatore recipe from the Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook. I had wanted to serve it with spaghetti squash to give it a more "pasta-y" feel, but squash are starting to go out of season so I couldn't get my hands on one. Instead, I roasted up some carrots, zucchini, and re-heated some broccoli and green beans and made a vegetable medley. I poured the cacciatore sauce over the veggies and felt really satisfied with the meal!

Music Man ate up the chicken and the carrots. My Little Peanut was digging the chicken and zucchini. Neither were into the mushrooms in the sauce.

So far I haven't had too many detox symptoms. I'm tired today but that could be from my cruddy night's sleep. I read on the 21DSD Facebook page that people who eat mostly natural sugars actually feel worse on days 5-8 of the challenge. I have a feeling this may happen to me. My mom leaves on Day 5 and I'll have the kids all to myself. Perfect timing : ) But I'll get through it!

No comments: