Saturday, April 6, 2013

Starting Day 6...

Well this is the first day on the detox without my mom here to help me. I tried to do a lot of cooking the past two days but it's still going to be a challenge to get quality meals on the table while taking care of the kids. And the Peanut keeps waking early so she's cutting into my morning prep time. The good (and sort of bad) news is that we've started to wean from nursing. More on that topic later, but it is giving me some freedom during the day and I can hopefully not feel so crazy with keeping to feeding schedules as I have been.

But I've got a grain-free porridge heating in the pot and some left-over sausage for the Music Man. The Peanut will have her egg yolks, sweet potato and avocado. And I made the apple streusel egg muffins from Practical Paleo last week and will shovel a few of them in my mouth as I scramble to get us off to swim lessons and a birthday party this morning.

Off to begin the day...it's finally spring here in Charlotte so hopefully the sunshine makes these withdrawal symptoms bearable!

No comments: