Friday, April 12, 2013

Great Breakfast Recipe

This weekend I have some friends coming into town. I had all these grand plans of cooking dinners and  breakfasts and having tasty snacks everywhere but that just didn't happen. The Hubs has been away for two weeks and I barely have enough food in the fridge to feed my kiddos today. It's definitely not stocked for a weekend of fabulous entertaining! But, I packed away some of the Easter leftovers in my freezer and tomorrow we'll enjoy this absolutely delicious Paleo French Toast Bread Pudding.

Now that the kids are getting older and this place is starting to feel less like a dungeon that I can never leave and more like a home again. I'm looking forward to seeing places beyond my 5 mile radius that encompasses the grocery store and the playground. I'm also excited to socialize a little more and invite people over and actually do a little entertaining in my house. I say "entertaining" very loosely because I can only have people over that don't mind tripping on toys, sitting down to a table with crumbs all over it, and leaving with dog hairs all over their clothes. But that is actually an improvement from what this house looked like a few months ago so we'll just go with it.

Anyway, I'm trying to find some meals and dishes that can both satisfy my Paleo lifestyle as well as my guests' taste buds. And this breakfast casserole is definitely one of them.

I am off to try and put this house back together before my friends arrive. Probably won't be posting for a couple of days, enjoy the weekend!

No comments: