Thursday, April 4, 2013

Day 4


Holy tomatoes I did a lot of cooking today. My mom leaves tomorrow so I wanted to take advantage of my built-in nanny and get a lot done for the next few days. Unfortunately when I cook a lot I tend to "taste" a lot and right now my belly is about to implode. But I managed to make a few portions of two different meals (both from Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook), and some chicken nuggets for the kids. Oh and I also made these Apple Streusel Egg Muffins from the book, Practical Paleo. I'll eat these this next week while I'm trying to get the days started without much help.

All this cooking on top of the regular breakfast, lunch and dinner I do. When I have visitors I tend to think I can cook during the day and don't do as much prep beforehand. Somehow it never works out well and I scramble around all day and feel totally disorganized. My hungry kids scream until I serve them burnt or cold food. But I managed to slow-cook a chicken, roast some sweet potatoes and sauté swiss chard with ginger and garlic for dinner tonight. Yum.

Felt good today but the cravings aren't backing down. Lots of snacking again but I'm staying on the path. I think this weekend will be rough but if I can make it to the middle of next week without cheating I should start seeing some great results.

No comments: