Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 15! And Recipe for Chicken Curry (Slow Cooker)

Well I'm halfway through the first month and I can say the physical withdrawal symptoms are getting a little better. No more killer headaches, just a dull one now and again. My irritability seems to be dwindling, thank goodness! I'm still a little hungry but it's getting more manageable. My energy is still low but I am sleeping more soundly at night. So I am pretty on track with what I would expect. I think come February I'll be reaping some of the benefits of no sugar - more energy, stable appetite, and loss of most cravings.

I haven't had a chance to write much or do a lot with my recipe organization. My mom's in town so I am trying to organize my house a bit. I have about two truckloads of baby clothes tucked in every room upstairs. We are saving all of the clothes for our siblings who will hopefully some day have babies, but trying to find a place for them and keeping them all organized is quite a task. I'm thinking of sending out a ticking clock email to them saying they only have a couple of more years or else we're donating everything!

I know my task this week was to go to through my old recipes, but instead I tried a new recipe last night that was successful. Simple, crock pot chicken recipe. The staple of stay-at-home moms everywhere! This one had ginger and curry in it for a new flavor. I paired it with peas and rice.

The blog this recipe is from is called Life With 4 Boys. Can't even imagine four kids! The hubs and I are feeling quite satisfied with two, although I guess you never know.

Here's the recipe: Chicken Curry Slow-Cooker Recipe

Both kids are down for a nap and instead of organizing clothes or working on my recipes I am putting my feet up on the couch and relaxing!

No comments: