Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 1 Complete!

Day 1 is always easy. You're motivated and usually don't feel any of the withdrawal symptoms (those come soon though!). But it's still a day worth noting and I am excited to be back on the sugar-free wagon. This month will probably be one of the toughest. Even though I think sugar and wheat do the most harm to me, I am also not going to eat any dairy or fruit this month. The sugar in fruit, fructose, doesn't do me too much harm but I find that when I am initially trying to knock the sugar out of my system I have to get rid of ALL sugar. Same with dairy, I can usually eat this in limited amounts but the lactose throws me off kilter when I'm starting out.

So the month of January will be a bit limiting with my diet. Good thing my motivation will be at its highest!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Go get 'em!!

Allison said...

YOU'VE GOT THIS! No matter what, keep blogging. Highs, lows...everything. Even if you think you're falling off the wagon keep blogging. And I'm enjoying reading this :D

Brooke Smith said...

Thanks guys! Gonna be an interesting year. I'm really looking forward to it!