Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Oh The Places You'll Go!

I've been reading my son Dr. Seuss's Oh The Places You'll Go and I think I've loved it more than he has. He's only 2 1/2 so he's more into counting the balloons on the pictures and hearing new words like "slump" for the first time, but I hope that it's a book he'll read again and again as he grows up. I am actually getting pretty inspired by the verses. I feel like I have fallen into one of those fore mentioned slumps at times and have been one of those "people just waiting." It's tough not to think about all the things I could be doing if I wasn't at home with two small children. But just that sentence alone is what Dr. Seuss is saying. I'm just "waiting for my kids to gain some more independence", "waiting for my husband to finish his night school so he's home more go help", "waiting to get some more free time" before I start moving my mountain.

But then I remind myself of what I'm doing now. Writing this blog, living sugar-free, and constantly educating myself on food and nutrition for my family. This year is the start of something even greater than what I have now, and I have A LOT. I'm slowly chipping away towards some pretty big dreams I have. And my kids are my inspiration. Because you can read them book after book about going after their dreams but the biggest motivator of all will be seeing their Mommy achieve hers.

So another day down sugar-free and for the first time I can think about sweets without feeling like I NEED one. Tomorrow starts a pretty long week for me with little help with my kids and more days without my husband home. I'm going to take it one day at a time and remind myself that sugar, wheat and processed foods are not my real friends who can get me through a rough time.

No comments: