Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sugar-Free Dinner Ideas

Something that almost everyone says asks me when I tell them I'm not eating sugar (or wheat or dairy, etc) is, "What DO you eat??" There is actually a LOT of food I can eat! Most real food is on my diet. What is real food? That is for another post, stay tuned. The dilemmas arise because I have to cook a lot of my food and I know a lot of people, myself included, struggle with getting organized in the kitchen. I have spent the past few years perfecting my meal planning skills and it's still a work in progress! Something I want to eventually address with this blog is what I do to keep my pantry and refrigerator stocked, and how I go about planning my weekly meals. But for now, I'd love to share something I made for dinner tonight. It got the approval of my husband so it must be somewhat tasty to the masses!

This is from a blog called "Multiply Delicious." She's actually based right here in Charlotte. It's for Tuna Bacon Cakes. I paired these with some kale that I sautéed with garlic and red onion as well as some previously cooked brown rice. She suggests throwing these cakes onto a salad which I'm sure would be delicious. I'll do that for a lunch. The hubs isn't into salads for dinner...yet!


http://www.multiplydelicious.com/thefood/2012/08/tuna-bacon-cakes/


I'm looking forward to sharing more recipes I try with everyone! Even if you don't want to go as extreme as me, I'm sure we all could use a little more home cooking and some variety to our normal repertoire.

No comments: