Friday, January 18, 2013

Fatigue!

I have been absolutely exhausted allllllll week. I'd like to blame it on sugar withdrawal but I can't. I'm sure it doesn't help, like I've said before, it usually takes me about 3-4 weeks to notice a difference in my energy levels. But no, I think I have another reason for this inability to keep my eyes open or my body off the couch whenever I get a chance. Actually, two reasons:

The Music Man and my Little Peanut. My two angels. Weighing in at 33 pounds and 17 pounds, these two pack one heck of a punch. I can only hope that my sugar-free diet will boost my ability to get through a day, although I am being realistic about the whole thing. I don't think I'll ever have the energy I used to with this diet. Not until both kids are using a toilet, feeding themselves, dressing themselves, bathing themselves, driving themselves, and living by themselves. So about twenty years! But they are my inspiration because when I am sugar-free I have a much clearer mind, loads more patience, and enough energy to at least stumble through a day. All essential to being a good mommy.

But this week was tough and next week will be even tougher. The hubs leaves again for another week-long business trip and my mom is only here through the middle of the week. I'm a little nervous about this coming week because I know I'm going to be stressed and tired and not motivated to do a lot of cooking. And I'll be feeling lonely which is when I turn to food. Hopefully knowing this in advance will help me get through. I have been craving a lot of fruit lately. I told myself I would go through January without it in hopes that my sugar cravings could withstand a serving or two of fructose every day. I was thinking of bending on that rule, but with the way I am craving it lately I think I was smart to make myself go a full month. Don't think my body can handle that yet.

Now time to do some menu planning. I did not get through all of my old recipes today, I only sifted through one folder. I think organizing all of my shopping, cooking and planning is going to take a lot longer than I originally thought. I somehow keep forgetting how much time my two little ones eat up!

No comments: