Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The best laid plans...

Well I had all these plans this week to organize my recipes, get on a meal planning schedule, and to start blogging more about nutrition and strategies for eating a whole foods diet. That's on top of organizing my guest room, little peanut's nursery, steam-cleaning all of my carpets, and cooking delicious sugar-free food. While I have accomplished some of this (not much...), today I hit a major snag. And the reason for this:

My baby girl BIT me last night. As in, bit me while nursing. Yeah, bit me there. And drew blood. Now I am spending time icing myself between feedings, searching the internet for ways to treat a cut while still trying to nurse, and running back and forth to the baby store getting different creams and ointments to help me out. I have had so many obstacles while trying to nurse - reflux, oversupply, fast let-down, thrush, plummeting milk supply, and now this. I am trying so, so hard to get to her one year birthday (a long four months away!) and every time I think I'll get there a new issue arises.

Hopefully tomorrow there will be some healing and I can get back on track with this week's agenda. I really want to start putting some more information in this blog, instead of merely writing a running diary of my day. I think a more reasonable goal is to start doing that in February, maybe even March. Motherhood has taught me that even the best laid plans can be derailed in the blink of an eye. Or the split second it takes to chomp some new teeth down on my boob!


No comments: