Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Recipe: Curried Lentil and Rice Casserole

This is a dish I discovered a couple of months ago and I've made it at least 5 times already. I LOVE it! Sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free....flavor FULL. It's jam-packed with really nutritious stuff: lentils, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon and so much more. And it's crazy easy to make. The only downfall is that it does spend about 2 1/2 hours in the oven so you have to make sure you're going to be home. I'm thinking of trying it out in the slow-cooker some day, we'll see how that goes.

This is from a blog called The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen. A great blog with lots of recipes, tips and a wealth of information on food and health. She posted this recipe along with information on what new moms need to eat to help with their recovery and nursing. Definitely worth a read for anyone expecting or with little ones!

Here's the recipe: Curried Lentil and Rice Casserole

So I had a bowl of this for lunch and am currently nursing a pretty decent headache. Day 8 and the withdrawal symptoms are still pretty strong. Mostly headaches but I'm also really tired. Although fatigue will be tougher to gauge whether I'm it's from sugar or my two little balls of energy this go around!


No comments: