Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Another Rough Week

Gonna be another doozy with my Little Peanut. This nursing thing is not easy, at least not for me. I have been so dedicated to getting her through this first year with breastmilk being the bulk of her diet and I think I've hit every snag along the way. I'm dealing with low milk supply yet again and my sleep is going to suffer this week. I have to go back to my regiment of supplements and pumping and these next three or four days are not going to be pretty. But, I'm confident I'll get my supply back up (I've done it before!) and hopefully I'll get through the next couple of months relatively smoothly. Maybe I'll even start getting decent sleep again - I can dream, right?!?

I am hoping that I can get through this without looking for some food to help me cope. I can already tell I've been eating a lot more these past couple of days. When all is not going smoothly with your baby you can't help but feel a little stressed. And as I've written before, when you're not sleeping well you're gonna be stressed. I plan to start drinking a lot of water again to help get my milk supply up, and maybe adding some tea as well. Hopefully having all those glasses and mugs in my hands will keep me occupied enough not to binge!

I may not get to all I had wanted to blog this week and that's ok. It's sometimes difficult not to get frustrated when I hit these bumps in the road time and time again. Seems that every time I start to branch out and have a little bit of a life for myself one of these kids grabs a hold of me and drags me back into full-blown mommy mode. I know that's part of the job description, but it still puts me on an emotional roller coaster. One day at a time though. I'm confident that by this time next week my milk will be better and she'll be eating so much better and hopefully sleeping through again!

No comments: