Saturday, February 9, 2013

Keeping It Simple

I was super happy to see this weekend arrive. My Little Peanut has been waking me all week and starting her mornings pretty early so I was feeling rather cranky by Friday afternoon. Luckily, I didn't lose my cool on the kids but I could feel my patience was growing really thin. And when I'm not my best physically, then I start getting really overwhelmed mentally and the week just sort of fizzled out from there. While I am so happy to be back on the healthy eating bandwagon and am excited about blogging and getting information out there, I am definitely feeling the effects of information overload. And recipe overload. And kitchen tips overload. 

So I'm scaling it back a bit. I have decided that I'm taking a break from the blogs, a break from facebook posts, and a break from all the emails I have rolling in. I went to the library yesterday and picked up a couple of books. Time to go old school. I'm going to read my books and jot down things I learn or find interesting in this blog. It's time to start documenting what I've learned because I find that when people ask me questions I have a tough time recalling everything I've read or heard. Focusing on one thing at a time is how I tick, so I've got to respect that about myself and not try to push my limits.

The book I checked out yesterday is The Way We Eat: Why Our Food Choices Matter by Peter Singer. I have a feeling it's going to make me even more disgusted by the meat industry. I've also checked out a cookbook Eat Like a Dinosaur: Recipe & Guidebook for Gluten-Free Kids. I'm becoming less and less impressed with gluten and am starting to think no one should eat it, not just those who are intolerant. I'll be sure to share any recipes I find worthwhile.

Here's hoping I can keep it simple, I think I'll find more success this way.

No comments: