Sunday, February 3, 2013

"International" Cuisine #1

I say "international" a little loosely since most of these meals are pretty standard American ingredients paired with different spices. But I don't really travel much, so using spices from around the world is the closet I can get to experiencing something new these days! This was a hit with the Hubs and my Little Peanut. Music Man wasn't feeling it. But we are in the middle of an intense food boot camp with him so time will tell.

This recipe for Pakistani Kima is so easy, and it really is tasty. Took very little prep time and cooked up with little effort. This may even make its way into my rotation for house guests. It's from the blog Whole New Mom, which is another one of my favorites. It's so easy to eat healthier and find super simple recipes with all these fantastic Mom Bloggers. I'm currently working on some of my own recipes (or adaptations from other recipes) and hope to add some of my own creations to the blogosphere one of these days!

Enjoy the Super Bowl tonight! The Hubs and I are spending a quiet evening alone at home and are both looking forward to it. We should get a few hours of football, commercials and Beyonce when the kids go to bed. But no Super Bowl treats in this house! I spent a long time meal planning Friday night and realized that I had forgotten the Super Bowl. So what is on tonight's menu? Roasted salmon, asparagus and zucchini pancakes. Not the typical chicken wings and pizza, huh? But we're used to not following tradition with two in diapers! Maybe next year we'll indulge in a great American gluttonous tradition...

No comments: