Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Slow-Cooker Recipe #1

I made this last night and it was delicious. The Hubs has always been super supportive of my new way of eating, but I know he sometimes misses the days when we used to order out from a sub shop every week. So when I saw this recipe for Sausage and Peppers I had to try it for him. And it was delicious! He got it on a nice, thick Bratwurst roll from Trader Joe's and I melted some cheddar on top for him. I ate mine without all that gluten and dairy. I paired it with a sweet potato and some broccoli. It would taste great with rice, the tomato sauce it cooks in is a tasty little gravy. My Little Peanut loved it, she especially loved slurping up the peppers and onions. As for the Music Man...the food strike continues!


This came from a blog called Pass the Sushi. Cool name. I'm not sure how sugar-free her options are but I think she's a graphic designer and her talent shows in her food photography. I totally admit to trying this out solely because of the picture she put up. My mouth was watering just looking at it!

No comments: