Thursday, February 7, 2013

Ups and Downs of a Day

So today's been a rough day. Actually, this afternoon has just been a rough afternoon. Really intense craving for some sugar. It's been a difficult week with my daughter. Her naps are all over the place, teething up a storm, and I'm having a tough time getting my day in order. I'm also shoulder-deep in all of this nutritional information and starting to feel a little overwhelmed. There is so much information out there. Every time I turn on the computer there's a new article on Facebook, or a new alert sent to my email, or 25 new recipes on Pinterest or 5 new entries on the way too many blogs I follow. Right now I have 12 windows open on my computer with different pages I want to eventually read and think about. Or recipes I want to bookmark and put into my rotation. It's just a lot sometimes.

And then I try to make it simpler, but that's even too much! Do you know how many meal planning tools there are out there? Or ways to stock your pantry? Or "quick, simple" meals to try? I practically need a plan to figure out my plan. I know a lot of this is just how I tick. I've always been one to feel overwhelmed by tasks and to blow them up in my head, which makes them much more complicated. Normally I dive head first into a bowl of sweets when I'm feeling this way. I did just eat a bowl of rice pasta with some butter and herbs, but now I feel a super strong craving and I've decided to just write instead. So chalk one victory up for this blog, cause it's helping me through this moment.

And on that note, Little Peanut is now awake. She should have slept a good 30 minutes more (at least) so I'll spend the rest of the day trying to keep her happy. Babies can really take the wind out of your sail at times.

No comments: