Friday, February 22, 2013

Exercise

Yesterday, I finally threw in the towel and bought some new jeans. Ones that fit me at the size I am now. I had really wanted to wait until I was back to my size before I got pregnant with the Peanut but that isn't going to happen for a few more months. And my maternity jeans and comfy jeans all have holes in them or paint stains on them so it was time to bite the bullet.

I actually am almost at the weight that I like. It's the belly. The "two kids" belly. The "haven't done a sit-up in over 3 years and two 8 pound babies have stretched me out in a 2-year time period" belly. It doesn't matter what I eat (or don't eat), the belly isn't going anywhere unless I start doing some exercises. And I'm really struggling on that front.

Exercise is so important, as we all know. I actually don't think it's as important for weight loss as our food choices are, but it's crucial for muscle development, flexibility, and is an excellent stress reducer. All of these are just as important as our body weight and I am not doing too hot in any of them.

Exercise will help me so much with my sugar cravings. I've got to start incorporating it into my weekly regime. So the goal for the rest of February is to try and find some feasible work-out plans -- quick, efficient, ones that target my abs -- and start a routine come March.

My in-laws come into town today for a week long visit. So that means I'll either be churning out numerous blog posts while they are playing with the kids, or I won't get a lot written because I'll be too busy doing the other 58 chores that I put off until I have full time baby-sitters with me! Either way, I'm going to have a nice, relaxing week visiting with family and I am super excited!

No comments: