Friday, February 15, 2013

Household Update

Well I had originally wanted Fridays post to be informational. I wanted to write about hydrogenated oils, ways to get greens in your diet, or the benefits of organ meats (yup, I just wrote that). BUT, I haven't had much time or energy to go through my research and construct a post because as I have told you, Little Peanut ain't sleeping for crap :)

So instead, I'll just give a little update on the food situation here -

Music Man: My almost 3 year old (wow, time is flying!) has been under strict food options for about two weeks. In the past 24 hours he's had an egg omlette with sauteed mushrooms, spinach and goat cheese, vegetable medley of carrots, green beans and peas, over-roasted salmon with an asparagus risotto, and has washed them all down with a kale smoothie.

Um, NO.

That would be my son from another dimension. The same dimension where he wakes up from naps with a smile on his face, happily holds my hand the parking lot, and gives all of his toys to his sister. All while sipping on a kale smoothie.

The truth: it's going alright. He's eating enough not to starve and has been trying a few new things. He's eaten some meatballs, beans, sweet potato, carrots, sausage, and some snacks I've been making out of the most nutritious stuff I can get away with. Dried fruit and nuts, cheese and wheat wraps. It's not my ideal but it's a whole heck of a lot better than what he was eating before. He's still doing pretty well with his oatmeal, millet and grain-free pancakes and he's added blueberries to the short list of foods he eats. Nothing green has made it down his throat, but I have it on the plate and he knows what it is so that is a start.

Little Peanut: Inhales all table food like it's her job. But the nursing has been difficult. I think she's trying to tell me that she's done and I'm just not ready to transition her yet. So I'm going to fight the good fight for another month or two and then let her do what she wishes.

The Hubs: Still eating everything I give him. Still supporting me in what I'm doing. Of course this may change if he ever finds out that I snuck some liver into his dinner this week (he never reads this so don't tell him!) but he continues to be an easy man to cook for.

Me: I'm doing alright although I feel like I'm sliding a bit. I haven't been eating as many green vegetables as I would like and I've been eating way too much meat. I also haven't figured out how to stop snacking throughout the day or after the kids go to bed. No sugar or gluten, but still eating too much food. Maybe once I get this girl sleeping again I can get a little more focused on myself.

And that is all my brain has left in me today. I think I'm letting the peanut fend for herself tonight. My milk is back, she's been eating a good amount of food for about two days so I think if she wakes up it's only out of habit. Here's hoping next week brings more rest!

No comments: