Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, I've made it to the middle of the second month. I have been really happy with the results of my sugar and gluten-free diet. Here we are on Valentine's day, a day where eating a piece of chocolate is seen as a MUST, and just now sitting down to write I realized that I normally would be eating some chocolates and I honestly have no desire to. I also got very little sleep last night (Little Peanut is kicking my butt...up again last night - twice - and I couldn't fall asleep after the second time so I'm going on about four hours of sleep) but I'm able to make it through at least the first half of the day without collapsing. As I was laying awake last night I thought for sure that I wouldn't be able to cook dinner during her morning nap. But I did it with no problems. I am tired, and not thinking too clearly, but I'm able to move through the day and check off items on my to-do list. I know this would not have been the case two months ago.

The Hubs and I have never really done much for Valentine's Day, but the past two years we've essentially let it pass unnoticed. We decided that these two years (2012 & 2013) were just going to be too crazy and that we weren't putting any pressure on each other to do anything for holidays or birthdays. And that really is more for him than me, but I'm actually happy to take something off my to-do list this year! But the deal is that we get back into doing little things for each other next year, can't fall into too much complacency!

Enjoy your day with your loved ones, and I think all of my loving friends and family for their continued support of my journey and this blog! I've really been enjoying doing this and there is definitely a lot more to come.

No comments: